Travel back in time through rural Cyprus on this fabulous tour.
- Arrival at Kelokedara village to board a traditional Bedford village bus for the drive down the valley to the Donkey farm - there the transportation changes again to …donkeys!
- Ride a donkey along country tracks to the 13th Century Sindi Monastery for a visit of this atmospheric structure. The restored monastery building received the Europa Nostra award in 1997.
- Back at the farm, enjoy a typical Cypriot homemade meal and join the farm staff dancing some traditional Greek and Cyprus favourites including sirtaki.
- At the end of the visit, receive a diploma for completing all the ‘tests’ of your initiation into Cypriot village culture: zivania drinking, sirtaki dancing and donkey riding
Additional option: Outdoor team building activities and games at the Farm
Limassol Half Day Tour
- Scenic drive through the Phassouri citrus plantations to Kourion, an important ancient city-kingdom destroyed by an earthquake in the 4th Century AD. Treasures to be seen include the theatre, the Public Baths and their mosaics.
- Well-preserved Crusader Castle of Kolossi, a fine example of medieval military architecture. The Castle was also famous as the Headquarters of the Knights of St John who produced the sweet red wine Commandaria, one of the oldest named wines in the world still produced today.
- Limassol Castle where Richard the Lionheart married Berengaria of Navarre in 1191 and crowned her Queen of England.
- Walk through Limassol town centre - narrow streets weave past churches, shops and the municipal market.
- Private performance at Kourion theatre for the group
- Commandaria wine tasting in the gardens of Kolossi Castle
- Treasure hunt in Limassol town centre with iPads, Special Tasks, Photo competition and more
- Cooking lesson
Paphos Half Day Tour
- Paphos was the Roman administrative capital of the island – it boasts many archaeological sites included in the UNESCO World Heritage list
- Paphos was known in Antiquity as the legendary birthplace of Aphrodite, ancient Goddess of Love & Beauty – visit the atmospheric bay where the Goddess is said to have emerged from the sea foam.
- At Geroskipou there a pretty 5-domed Church of St Paraskevi dating back to the IX Century
- The Tomb of the Kings is an ancient necropolis carved out of solid rock and given this regal name because of its imposing character. Stairs lead down to sunken subterranean atriums ringed by peristyles of Doric columns carved from the rock.
- The evocative Roman mosaics at the Archaeological Park depict mythological scenes and legends. Nowhere is the wealth and opulence of imperial Roman Paphos reflected more than in these vivid floorings.
- Meet Aphrodite who will welcome you to Cyprus with a local delicacy
- Help your team create your own mosaic masterpiece to rival those of the Romans!
- Golf lesson and competition at one of the golf courses in Paphos area
Wine village tours in Cyprus
- Tour ascends the vine-covered lower foothills of the Troodos Mountains to visit Omodhos, a picturesque village with a tradition in wine production
- A guided walk along the large cobble-stone square leads to the Monastery of the Holy Cross.
- The narrow village streets are dotted with souvenir and handicraft shops all the way to the traditional wine press where wine used to be produced for centuries
- Sample some of the local wines and delicacies
- Treasure hunt: the teams are furnished with a road book and instructions for special tasks around the village
- Crafts and cooking workshops
- Dinner and Panygyri (festival) in the village square
- Experience Sparti Rope Park
- Folkloric dance lesson and show
Afternoon tour to Lefkara:
- Picturesque village famous for its local lace known as “Lefkaritika” and for its silverware
- In sunny weather the women of the village turn the streets into open-air workshops as they sit outside to practise their craft.
- Lefkaritika lace is recognised as an inimitable form of indigenous tradition by the UNESCO Convention for the Safeguarding of the Intangible Cultural Heritage.
- The Church of the Holy Cross has a 18th Century gilt iconostasis and the unique 13th Century silver cross.
- Walking tour of the village and some free time to shop
- Ktima Dafemou winery at Lefkara for wine tasting and perhaps even dinner.
- Buggy Safari
- At the village the group can be split into teams to compete in various activities
Tour of Nicosia
- Enjoy an exploration of Nicosia, the last divided capital of the world
- Cyprus Archaeological Museum, a small gem housing the most important collection of Cypriot antiquities and art treasures spanning 5,000 years (Neolithic to Byzantine)
- Continues through the old Venetian Walls to visit a maze of old town streets known as "Laiki Geitonia", a 19th Century folk neighbourhood of traditional houses, shops, restaurants and galleries - all lovingly restored as examples of Cypriot urban architecture of a bygone age and running alongside the unmistakable line of partition (Green Line) which marks the division of the city into parts since 1974.
- Explore the area on foot after orientating yourself with a visit to the Ledra Observatory – a good vantage point over the whole divided city centre.
Segways are available for a tour of the old city for small groups
Small groups can also enjoy the traditional Ottoman Hammam
Private tours of Nicosia to view the smaller art museums can be arranged