Passengers spend some time in the lower foothills of the Troodos Mountain range - a break from ancient sites/religious monuments that are visited at other ports of call in the East Med.
- Varied country scenery including citrus plantations, vine yards, hills, pine-clad mountains, panoramic views of Limassol Bay
- Visit the picturesque village of Omodhos whose large cobbled square which is dominated by the Monastery of the Holy Cross which is said to contain relics of the Crucifixion donated by St Helena
- After visiting the Monastery, you also walk to see the Omodhos traditional wine press (called “linos” in Cyprus) where the guide will explain how wine used to be made.
- The village square is surrounded by many shops selling souvenirs, lace and embroidery, wine and traditional products. There is some free time to browse the products on sale.
- Continue to Lania village, an atmospheric village with a pretty church where you will enjoy a short walking tour and many opportunities for photos along its pretty lanes.